Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!


Especially to my wonderful father who has served as a hero, a mentor, a friend, and the best father a girl could ask for for over sixteen years. Born in Queens, New York on November 16, 1954, Patrick William Ryan was born to William Cornelius Ryan I and Marion Theresa Ryan, the younger brother of Robin Theresa Ryan. At the age of 17, my father enlisted in the Navy where he served for 27 years, earning a bachelor's degree from the University of South Carolina and becoming one of the most prominent intelligence analysts specializing in the Middle East region.

My father as a child

His early Navy days

My Dad at Officer Candidate School with my lovely mother.

Dad and I at a Father Daughter Dance

Dad and his best friend Art before a hockey game
My father is a wonderful man- supportive, encouraging, and spectacularly intelligent. My eternal Scrabble partner and fellow Hockey lover, thank you, Dad, for offering the best role model I could imagine. Happy father's day!

xoxo
Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment